Join an exciting and entrepreneurial carrier-neutral data center company! We are looking for excellent candidates to join our company as a Facility Technician and continue our tradition of 100% uptime.
Position provides maintenance support for the H5 Data Centers' facilities and campus. Operates all mechanical and electrical systems in the facility. Provides assistance to outside vendors/contractors for specialized maintenance, repairs, and mechanical projects.
This position reports to the Facility Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives direction from the Building Engineer Lead and Facility Manager.
- Accountable for infrastructure systems uptime, monitoring critical systems within tolerances, frequent building inspections while providing reliable service delivery to Colocation customers.
- Operation of all mechanical and electrical systems in a reliable and cost-effective manner for the complex.
- Effectively learn and utilize building controls systems of chiller plants, HVAC systems, cooling towers, other water systems, and fire systems.
- Provide maintenance support for all mechanical and environmental systems, make repair suggestions, while providing feedback and improvement recommendations for the procedures.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50lbs.).
- Contribute to minor repairs and light duty construction which includes physical structures, plumbing systems, a wide range of HVAC equipment, and electrical distribution.
- Must maintain monitoring and appropriate record keeping of facility and actions to comply with industry certifications.
- Oversees third-party activities and services.
- Assist in some very basic security-related duties.
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years of electrical and mechanical experience working in High Availability (Data Centers, Manufacturing, Hospital) environments.
- Requires understanding and principal working knowledge of parallel redundant UPS systems, standby diesel generators, large chilled water systems, automated controls troubleshooting and setup.
- Electric/pneumatic controls operation.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation, and adherence to safety policies and procedures related to the daily operations of the facilities. Participation in safety, knowledge and skills training.
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Good communication skills in dealing with employees and vendors.
- Reading and understanding blue prints, schematics, control ladder drawings and flow charts.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, control ladder drawings and flow charts
- Setup and using test equipment, including volt ohm meters, balancing and alignment equipment, refrigerant leak detection, refrigerant reclaim units.
- College/Technical degree preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work related experience.
- Previous military experience a plus.
- CFC refrigeration license a plus.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.