Data Center Support Manager
The Managers role is to implement and support the operation of production and corporate network infrastructure within the H5 Colocation facilities nationwide. This includes the design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and optimizing all network hardware, software (IOS), and communication links while assuring maximum system availability. Test and evaluate network systems to avoid problems, build higher resilience and improve reliability. The person will also provide second level support, diagnose and resolve complex network problems. This position will be responsible for leading a team of Data Center Support Engineers supporting IT systems in conjunction with customer Remote Hands support. This position entails developing implementation plans with customers and executing to meet specified deadlines and expectations.
The position is located in the South Denver metropolitan area. Candidate must be willing to provide on-call support.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages IT Support and Remote Hands team
- Prioritize team workloads and delegation of tasks, ensuring quality control and best practice adherence
- Analyze customer requirements and create project implementation plans
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
- Serve as second level support technician to assist in the diagnosis and resolution of customer outages and chronic customer problems. May have to take the lead on crisis calls
- Strong hands-on experience supporting multi-vendor platform (Cisco, Juniper, etc.), configuring routers, firewalls and switches, and troubleshooting networks
- Comprehensive understanding of IP and associated routing protocols
- Proven implementation and understanding of current WAN topologies
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and up to date. Develop, enhance, and maintain network design layouts used for problem analysis and resolution. Update existing process and procedures
- Knowledge of Network security technologies and solutions, ensuring network security and integrity
- Responsible for developing daily/monthly/quarterly reports for senior management and customer review on the performance of network services
- Responsible for the support of all corporate LAN technologies, VoIP, wireless, Server & Desktop, Printers, Telephone, Applications to Onsite and Remote users
- Ensure desktop and laptop computers interconnect seamlessly with systems including servers, email servers, and application servers
- Administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve network problems as part of third level support
- On-call Consults with Colocation customers on a regular basis, gathering project requirements and developing and implementing cost-effective solutions
- Create Root Cause analysis reports on major incidents and track improvement plans
- Support internal corporate user community with desktop/laptops, mobile devices, office applications, voice, LAN technologies
- Liaise with vendors (Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Zayo, Cisco etc.) on problem diagnosis, design and new technologies.
Education and Experience
- College (4+ years) in computer/network related field
- 5+ years in a managerial / supervisory role.
- Possesses and maintains current knowledge and understanding of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, frame relay, VPN, SSL BGP, EIGRP, ISIS)
- Excellent knowledge of logical data flow for physical Network and Logical host. This will assist in designing, diagnosing issues and problem-solving
- Experience in deploying and supporting wireless technologies.
- Experience in the convergent technologies (voice, video)
- Strong understanding of Telco transport terminology and concepts required
- Working knowledge of security products. (firewalls, IPS, Virus software)
- Comprehensive understanding of data center best practices and cabling standards.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- The ability to work well in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft & Apple desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL DB
- Working Knowledge of PC Hardware, Server, and software technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of telephony systems.
- Minimum of four years planning and supporting a large Cisco centric network is essential.
- CCNA and CCNP required. CCIE, or CISSP preferred.
- BICSI Certification preferred
- CISSP Certification a plus
- MCSE Certification a plus
Please email email@example.com for more information.