Director Compliance and Program Management
Join an exciting and entrepreneurial carrier-neutral data center company! We are looking for excellent candidates to join our company and continue our tradition of 100% uptime.
Implement design solutions, procure hardware, manage environmental builds and configuration deployments for multiple data center locations in cooperation with our partners across the continental United States. Will be responsible for managing commercial relationships with H5 equipment & services partners.
Responsible for managing the project life cycle of complex solutions including, planning, execution, and closeout to achieve planned results on time and within budgets. Develops budgets, project plans, and track progress to plan. Adhere to established operating procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of systems at the data center facilities through drafting and updating documents, testing and compliance audits.
This position reports to the Vice President Colocation and Data Center Operations. Some domestic travel is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing commercial relationships with equipment & services partners
- Maintain contractual relationships with external partners and internal teams to develop and implement sourcing strategies in support of the long-range vision
- Develop a vendor management plan, and manage to achieve set baseline metrics
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on Data Center equipment and processes
- Develop and lead Data Center Design, Mechanical and Electrical projects
- Create and successfully execute comprehensive project plans by effectively gathering requirements, identifying/managing risks and controlling changes.
- Provide Management status of all active Data Center projects and Key Performance indicators
- Lead internal resources and vendors in the execution of Data Center deployments and builds
- Responsible for Data Center annual certifications and compliance
- Contract and vendor negotiations
- Draft and communicate contract, project and financial reports as required by management
- May manage a small staff of employees.
Education & Experience
- Experience with large scale data center projects / critical systems.
- Experience improving and managing supplier performance in production environments
- Experience negotiating with and commercial management of general contractors, sub-contractors and equipment manufacturers, including contract management
- Ability to create project budgets and resource plans is required. Must be familiar with data center operations, facility hardware and services, purchasing and data center compliance
- PMP certification is preferred
- Experience in facility compliance audits.
- Good communications skills for interfacing with vendors, customers and internal parties
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, control ladder drawings and flow charts
- Five years project management experience.
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with employees and vendors.
- Strong IT user skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, CAD
- Must be able to multi-task, have good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities in order to drive better quality, delivery, and cost performance
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and work experience
Please email email@example.com for more information.